Rewild Portland Is Hiring an Administrative Assistant
Part time, 3 days a week, 24 hours per week, $20 per hour
Reports to: Executive Director
Rewild Portland is a small nonprofit organization whose mission is to foster resilience through place-based arts, traditions, and technologies. Our mission comes to life in the form of community-building, ecological restoration, and education. Learn more about us here.
Summary of Position
Rewild Portland is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support our program directors and Executive Director. This position is responsible for basic office support, including reception, maintaining office inventory and related orders, managing calendars, handling mail, and composing letters and other documents. Duties also include facilitating special event registration and execution, overseeing organizational databases such as mailing lists, and performing light accounting functions. We are looking for someone with skills in digital media and social media marketing projects. This position will focus on developing and implementing strategies to maintain and build strong networks with Rewild Portland donors, followers, and others connected to us. The responsibilities of this position are diverse, and we are looking for someone with a diverse skill set and interests. We will provide necessary training to get the ideal candidate up to speed.
Our ideal candidate will be excited to serve the rewilding community, helping us to grow and reach more people with these necessary skills and lifeways. All of our staff may attend any of our programs for free. If you’re looking to leverage your growing skills in nonprofit management, while honing some of your skills in rewilding—and becoming an integral member of the community—this is the position for you.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn best practices for nonprofit communications
- Assist program directors as needed
- Manage program registrations
- Help manage website
- Learn to use our branding appropriately, in line with our core values and principles, in all communications produced
- Collaborate with staff and other volunteers on communications and development of marketing strategies, content, and timeline
- Prep and send out electronic newsletters and other email updates
- Draft and schedule weekly posts on social media (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, TikTok)
- Monitor and implement strategies for growth on our newsletter and on social media
- Foster relationships with local media and help draft press releases
- Help create and implement an annual communications calendar
- Manage photo and video content
- Perform other duties as needed for the operations of the organization
Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, staff may occasionally be exposed to weather conditions. Noise level is usually moderate. Work will be done on site at the Rewild Portland office in North Portland. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong creativity
- Experience with social media management—specifically, best practices for strategy and implementation of Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok content
- Working knowledge of website management—specifically content development and editing (WordPress, basic HTML, etc.)
- Basic photography skills (composition, lighting, etc.)
- Basic video editing skills
- Experience with Canva, MailChimp, Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, Photo
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to use good judgment to manage workflow and elevate priority issues to the Executive Director
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Currently has or is pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Communications, Nonprofit Management, Marketing, Graphic Design, or a related field, or has lived experience that is equivalent. We recognize not everyone follows the traditional institutions of education.
- Has knowledge and understanding of communications or marketing, or a vested interest in growing in this field
- Loves the work Rewild Portland is doing
- Has a deep desire to become culturally competent
24 hours per week
Applications due April 8. Interviews will take place the week of April 10th. Position begins Monday, April 18th.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.